Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yummy Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls

I love cinnamon rolls, and while I can bake just about anything, bread eludes me. I have recently found that I can actually make breads if I use my bread machine, and I decided to try to stretch myself and use the Dough function and see if I could make something that way. I found a recipe with good reviews and got started.
Here's my favorite tip I learned years ago when making rolls of any kind. Get a long string of unflavored floss and wiggle it under your dough then slice it. It makes perfect cuts without squishing your dough down. The above picture is how it looks during the cut.
This is how it looks immediately after you cut it. Quick and easy!
There were 2 different variations that I wanted to try. After polling my family my husband and I were the only ones who wanted nuts or raisins in our rolls. I didn't want to try to figure out which was which after so I just did these 2 variations. The pan on the right has cinnamon and regular white sugar. The pan on the left has cinnamon and brown sugar. The white sugar rolls tasted like typical cinnamon rolls while the ones with the brown sugar were moister and gooey-er.
This is the pans after I baked and frosted them. My kids prefer the pan on the left (white sugar) while my hubby and I prefer the brown sugar cinnamon rolls. Yummy! Those got bigger when they were rising for some reason. (As I stated before I'm not a bread baker so I don't know if there's a reason for this.)
Here's my plate. I had to try both kinds so I put them both on my plate.
The next time I make them I'm going to add a lot more butter and cinnamon to the rolls with white sugar. I think it might make them tastier.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Those look unbelievably delicious!

Shayla Taylor said...

you inspired me an I made whole wheat cinnamon rolls yesterday. Yum!