Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

My Hawaiian Quilt

I posted these pictures on my personal blog so you may have already seen it before. I bought this material while I was in Hawaii on the Big Island. I made it a few weeks after we got home. It's unlike any blanket I've ever seen stateside. I had to hand tie it in one evening because my two youngest kept trying to get it, and they were knocking the frame all around. My kids all want to have it.
This is the front of the blanket. I really like the hand tied look and feel... probably because it always reminds me of my "woobie" that my mother took from my room while I was at school one day and burned. This is the back side. My kids all love the texture of it and kept rubbing it.

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

I love that! Really gorgeous fabric!