Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Yummy Caramel Corn Recipe

As I was making my Christmas goodies this year I thought I should take some pictures of the process. However, it turns out I'm not so good at taking pictures of myself while I have sticky or greased up hands. So no pictures. Bummer. (I have some of the candy left so if I can find the time I'll take pictures and post the recipes.) However, I did decide to take a picture tonight of the caramel corn I made. I had it several years ago at a party I went to when I was still with Close to My Heart. It's from Denise Anderson.

Caramel Corn

8 c. popped corn (I pop up 2 bags of microwave popcorn)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. water

Add last 4 ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Cook to firm/hard ball stage, 250 - 260 degrees F on candy thermometer.

Remove from stove. Add 1 cube (1/2 cup) of butter and stir until melted. Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat evenly. Then you can shape it into balls or just leave it in the bowl to eat.

* Here's a picture of it. I don't shape it into balls when it's just for us.
BTW- My neighbor Clayton LOVES this. He highly recommends it!

No comments: