Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I can't claim this recipe as my own, but my family LOVES this recipe. It comes from a girl I know named Channan.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
6 c. water with 6 t. chicken bouillon (or use chicken broth)
5-6 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped in large chunks (I've used yellow, white and red onions- whatever I have on hand at the time)
Several stocks of celery, chopped
1 1/2 c. frozen peas (Don't thaw before!)
Basil
Oregano
Pepper
Salt (Kosher salt is what the recipe calls for, but I use sea salt, or use table salt.)
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 pkg. wide egg noodles
(All ingredients are approximate; you can add to or reduce as you wish.)
Directions:
Poach chicken breasts in broth for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and refrigerate. DON'T THROW OUT THE BROTH! It's your soup base! Add onions, carrots and celery. Simmer until carrots are soft.
Add your spices (to taste), and then dice or tear chicken. (I usually pick it up with a fork, put it over the pan and use kitchen shears to cut it up.)Add the chicken, heavy cream, frozen peas and noodles to the pan and stir well. (I get the Ream's Frozen noodles because they're the BEST!)

Remove pan from heat. Keep covered until noodles are soft.

We LOVE this recipe, and very rarely have leftovers. My kids used to want the Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, but I've slowly won them over. Now they request this all the time!

No comments: