Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My chocolate chip cookie recipe

Every time I make these cookies people ask me for the recipe. I made 48 cookies this afternoon, and with my kids' friends stopping by, some Boy Scouts stopping by and some missionaries there are now only 8 cookies left. So I thought I'd share the recipe with you too! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 c. real butter
1 t. Mexican vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt (omit this if you use salted butter)
2 c. chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet, whichever you prefer)
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Mix the butter until smooth. Add vanilla, eggs, sugars and mix well. Add flour, soda and salt (if required). Mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts; mix just until mixed.
Spray cookie sheet(s) with Pam. Use scoop and drop dough by rounded spoonful on cookie sheets. Cook 8-11 minutes, depending on your oven. When they are golden brown, remove them from the oven. Let them cool for 3-5 minutes, and put on a cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments: