Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby blanket- in progress

I just learned to crochet 2 1/2 weeks ago. I tried to learn when my eldest son was a baby, and it did not happen. I didn't have high hopes that I'd learn this time, but I had great teachers so I got the hang of it. Here are the pictures of the blankets in progress.

Directions:
Get 1 1/4 yard of flannel with your favorite print.
Wash and dry it, then trim to 1 yard.
If you don't have access to a machine to poke holes for you then use an ice pick I (like I did) and poke holes every 3/16", about 1/4" from the edge of your fabric. Only after I started did I notice how off my holes were. I guess I'll use a ruler next time.
Crochet through the first hole. This is what it will look like when you're done with the first row.

Go under the "loop" on the top and single crochet. This is how the second row looks when it's done.
For the last row go through the small loop between the first and second row and do a single crochet. Skip a loop, then do 5 double crochets through a single loop. Skip another hole and repeat the single crochet.

It isn't completed yet, but when it is I will post a photo of it. It's so fun and easy!

No comments: