Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halloween Subway Wall Art

After looking around blogland I found several posts with subway wall art. I had the supplies and decided that I could make one too. If you want to make it here are the supplies you'll need: scrap wood (mine was 10" x 24") or a piece of stretched canvas coordinating cardstock black paint Mod Podge Directions:1. Sand and paint the wood. Seal it with Mod Podge and set aside to dry as you do the next step.
2. I used my Cricut to cut out several words and pictures in various sizes and colors. If you don't have a Cricut you can cut things out by hand or use pre-cut embellishments from your local craft store.
3. There are a couple of different ways to do the next part... I ran my cardstock through my Xyron sticker machine and so I could place them on the board without worrying about the paper slipping. You can also just put some MP on the back as your adhesive and apply it to the board. 4. After that all you need to do is seal it with more MP on top. Don't forget to seal the sides! It dries pretty quickly. 5. Then if you used a board put a piece of ribbon or something so you can hang it from the wall. You're done!
The first two are my inspiration pieces, and the one I came up with is at the end.

No comments: